Sunday, August 23, 2009

My advice----Girls need sisters.....

One of my friends asked me this.. She has a daughter and had second thoughts about having the next child....She just asked me..."what do you think? I want you to tell it, being the only child is very good in many ways!, is it not so,?"
Ok...thank God she asked me.... I am also the only daughter in my home.... I have seen the good and bad of it......I got a chance to tell her my opinion that it is not a very good thing to bring up your child as the only child, that too a girl....here goes the reasons.....
  • Girls need bonding.....
  • She might not be able to share her true feelings with anyone.....
  • When something goes wrong between the parents, she will be the direct victim of it....
  • She will not have a chance to know about herself unless "others" comment on them.....
  • Unless and until she has true friends.... she will contantly feel lonely........
  • Sometimes, jealousy and isolation by the so called "near and dear" ones....
  • Even if there is difference of opinion among the sisters at any point of their lives....they will still be there for each other....
  • After all girls need girls to gossip, shop and have fun.....

My friend seemed to be convinced......Oh well, if my friend has a second baby... I also have a reason to be proud.....:-)

No one knows better than a sister how we grew up, and who our friends, teachers and favorite toys were. No one knows better than she......Dale V. Atkins

No comments: